Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cleaning House

OK I thought I’d be a lot more active with my blog this year but I guess I have been pretty lazy and not lived up to my own expectations. It’s not so much that I don’t have anything to say but there’s a lot of directions I could go with this and I wasn’t sure which way was next.

Before I go on, Happy New Year y’all. All through the holiday’s I was very reflective and was wondering about my next post. Like I said earlier, my thoughts have been in a lot of directions and I’ve finally ended up with relationships.

Every relationship we have is to teach, cause us to grow and eventually perfect us. The process can be very difficult sometimes but is necessary. Relationships can bring out the best or the worst in us. It’s up to us to decide what to make out of our relationships and the choices we make in reaction to a relationship can shape who we ultimately become.

God is speaking to me strongly about relationships this year (how about you?) and I’m about to work on a few myself. I actually started working on one before the end of 2007. I’m believing that by the end of 2008 I’d be singing a different tune ( I need a lot of agreement in this area). Some relationships you may decide to cut off but what do you do when you have no choice but to make it work? A relationship which has gone from bad to worse and you have no idea what you’ve actually done and when you do try to fix it you meet with great opposition. An unavoidable relationship because the person actually has a part in your existence.

It may surprise you to know that in some cases a relationship between a mother and a child can go sour. It’s kind of odd to me because I watch the relationships between my friends and their mother’s and it seems like I’m missing out on a good thing. This is my story and my fight for it begins. I’m taking back what belongs to me and I’m taking you on the journey. My primary relationship (My relationship with God) will be my strength and source during this season. I know it’s not about love because there’s no reason not to love but I hope to get to the bottom of this and I do have help. I’m not sure if this is going to help anybody but writing is therapeutic for me - the reason I share. May we all have the Peace of God in whatever storm life throws our way.

No comments: